President Duterte Announced LOCKDOWN for NCR due to COVID19. Here is What DILG Needs You to Know

PLEASE READ: Clarifications from #DILG Sec Año on #NCRLockdown because of #Covid19 via interview on DZMM Teleradyo:

"Ang estimate nila is 75,000 cases, with 5% na severe or serious, and 3% who will die."-DILG Sec Año

National Capital Region (NCR) is composed of 16 cities: the city of Manila, Quezon City, Caloocan, Las Piñas, Makati, Malabon, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Muntinlupa, Navotas, Parañaque, Pasay, Pasig, San Juan, Taguig, and Valenzuela, as well as the municipality of Pateros. The region encompasses an area of 619.57 square kilometers (239.22 sq mi) and a population of 12,877,253 as of 2015. It is the second most populous and the most densely populated region of the Philippines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Manila


Metro Manila on lockdown for 30 days as alarm heightens over COVID-19


President Rodrigo Duterte raised Code Red Sublevel 2 over the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Thursday night, restricting access to Metro Manila as a form of quarantine for 30 days starting March 15.

The heightened alert came with a string of measures aiming to prevent further spread of the infection, which has claimed the lives of five people and afflicted 47 others in the Philippines so far. Most of the cases are in the capital region.


The lockdown significantly limits travel in and out of Metro Manila until April 14, with people and transport flows subject to case-to-case assessment.


"We do not want to use that (term). But it is a lockdown," Duterte said in a televised announcement.

During the quarantine period, residents will be generally barred from leaving the Philippine capital of connected cities, home to more than nearly 13 million people.


Metro Manila also hosts 3 million more workers who come from nearby provinces during the day. They will still be permitted to enter as long as they can present proof of their employment within the metro, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said in a dzMM interview following Duterte's announcement.

The quarantine, Año said, will be facilitated by checkpoints that will be placed along Metro Manila's boundaries. Whether authorities have the capability to screen millions daily during the period remains to be seen.

Trade Undersecretary Ruth Castelo also told the radio that the quarantine does not cover goods entering and leaving the capital.

An expanded travel ban will similarly bar the entry of foreigners through land, air or sea. Only Filipino citizens and holders of permanent resident visas and Philippine diplomatic visas will be allowed entry.

Mass transportation within Metro Manila like the Light Rail Transit and Metro Rail Transit will continue, although the Department of Transportation must make sure that social distancing guidelines are followed.

"Nandiyan na 'yan, it's a serious one. It is true... huwag ninyong maliitin. Do not minimize it but do not kill yourself with worry because government is doing everything possible to make it controllable," Duterte said in his address.

He added that he will likely issue an executive order based on a resolution that the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases passed earlier in the day.

Classes across the metro will also be suspended until April 12, 2020, the president said, although he said students should continue studying even if formal classes are no longer held.

With the raising of Code Red to the highest level, the president also announced the following measures:

The banning of planned or spontaneous mass gatherings.Work in the executive department shall be suspended during this period without prejudice to the formation of skeletal workforces The Department of Labor and Employment's "encouragement" of "flexible work arrangements" in the private sector The Department of Transportation's issuance of guidelines to ensure social distancing in public transportation, which is due to stay open and operational

Implementation details of such measures were not immediately made clear as government agencies are expected to release guidelines by Friday.

PNP's role

In his address originally set for 6:30 p.m. on Thursday but started past 8:30 p.m., Duterte threatened local officials and anyone who will refuse to cooperate with jail time.

"Avoid trouble with the law, avoid trouble with anybody, just in the meantime, better just stay home and study. If things will deteriorate, the police and the military will maintain peace and order," he said.

He was quick to say that the measures are tantamount to declaring martial law, but he tasked village chiefs to be the extension of security personnel in implementing the raft of measures.

"I don’t have enough military and police forces to cover every inch of the country. What I have, what I can use is the barangay captain. It falls upon your shoulders to exactly do what this regulation wants to happen," he said.

Duterte earlier this week signed a proclamation placing the Philippines under a state of a public health emergency.

This enjoins all government agencies, local government units to render all assistance needed while citizens and tourists are urged to "act within the bounds of law and comply with lawful directives."

Under the proclamation, the Department of Health was handed the authority to ask the national police to provide assistance in combating the spread of the virus.

Asked by Philstar.com if the role of the national police under the public health emergency would include enforcing quarantines and assisting with contact tracing measures, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III in a text message said that "both may be done with them if warranted."

Coalition for People's Right to Health co-convenor Josh San Pedro also told Philstar.com in an online exchange that the PNP's inclusion in the proclamation "may reflect the lack of manpower by the DOH to conduct contact tracing and quarantine."


Thankful for potential help from China

In the same briefing, Duterte said that China, which has had the most COVID-19 cases so far, has offered to help the Philippines manage the outbreak.

"You know, President Xi Jinping...wrote me a letter and said that he is willing to help. All we have to do is to ask," he said.

"He has said that we have managed the crisis very well in this country and he is very much willing to help kung kailangan. So to the Chinese government, to the people, especially to president Xi Jinping, thank you for the consoling words. And maybe I hope it would not reach to that point, but maybe we will need your help. Salamat po."


Source: https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020/03/12/2000209/travel-and-manila-suspended-march-15-code-red-sublevel-2-raised-over-covid-19


Clarifications from #DILG Sec Año on #NCRLockdown because of #Covid19 via interview on DZMM Teleradyo:

(1) Hindi ito total lockdown. We're just restricting movement, going in and outside of Metro Manila.

(2) Ang strategy ay maglagay ng checkpoints sa boundaries ng Metro Manila and neighbouring provinces.

(3) Papayagang makapasok ang mga taga-probinsya na nagtatrabaho sa Metro Manila. Pero kailangan ng proof na dito talaga sila sa Metro Manila nagtatrabaho.

(4) Para hindi ma-defeat ang purpose ng lockdown, papasok ang DOTR para mag-impose ng measures na ma-enhance ang ating social distancing, sa loob ng bus at public transport, basta may kaukulang space. These people are called the Manila population by the day.

(5) Buses will continue to be allowed to serve workers from the nearby provinces who work in Metro Manila.

(6) Buses and private cars will have to go through checkpoints, and employees will have to show proof that they work in Metro Manila. Company IDs should suffice. Those who have businesses will also be allowed.

(7) There is a projection from the WHO that the cases will grow exponentially.


Ang estimate nila is 75,000 cases, with 5% na severe or serious, and 3% who will die.


UPDATE on PRRD Directivess:


Source DZMMTeleradyo

Re: Clarifications on COVID-19 community quarantine


DILG Sec. Eduardo Año:

1. Hindi ito total lockdown. We're just restricting movement, going in and outside of Metro Manila.

2. Ang strategy ay maglagay ng checkpoints sa boundaries ng Metro Manila and neighbouring provinces.

3. Those who live outside NCR but work in Metro Manila + cannot work from home will be allowed to come in, provided they show company identification at the checkpoints.

4. Para hindi ma-defeat ang purpose ng lockdown, papasok ang DOTR para mag-impose ng measures na ma-enhance ang ating social distancing, sa loob ng bus at public transport, basta may kaukulang space. These people are called the Manila population by the day.

5. Buses will continue to be allowed to serve workers from the nearby provinces who work in Metro Manila.

6. Buses and private cars will have to go through checkpoints. Those who have businesses will also be allowed.


DTI Sec. Mon Lopez:

1. Stores, resto, factories, offices, banks open

2. Just on flexible working arrangements

3. Cargoes food & non food ok to move

4. Workers can move in & out

5. Intl travel ok, requirements to be stated in IRR


PRRD ORDERS NCR LOCKDOWN TO COMBAT SPREAD OF COVID-19 {UPDATED} NCR-


Amidst the local transmission of Covid-19, President Rodrigo Duterte addresses the nation regarding Resolution No. 11 turned to an executive order which puts NCR on lockdown as the outbreak was raised to code red sublevel 2. The resolution includes travel ban to and from Manila from March 15 to April 12, imposed LGUs in community quarantine, suspend work in the executive level, and extending suspension of classes in Metro Manila until April 12. Flexible work arrangement shall be encouraged in the private sector. In line with this, the President along with Department of Health encourages everyone to follow social distancing.


See photos attached for the full resolution.

Source: DILG





METRO MANILA TO BE PLACED ON LOCKDOWN DUE TO CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK

At least 12 million people in Metro Manila will be barred from traveling outside the National Capital Region from March 15 to April 14 By : Rambo Talabong Published 9:13 PM, March 12, 2020 Updated 10:11 PM, March 12, 2020 MANILA, Philippines – Metro Manila, a region of over 12 million people, will be placed on lockdown for at least 30 days to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus in the Philippines. This was announced by President Rodrigo Duterte in an evening address on Thursday, March 12, after declaring that the alert level for the coronavirus has been raised to its maximum level of Code Red Sublevel 2, marking the first massive lockdown in the country in recent history. The lockdown covers 16 cities and one municipality of Metro Manila, as prescribed by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on the coronavirus outbreak, which is composed of key Duterte Cabinet officials. "The recommendation of the Department of Health Technical Advisory Group on imposing Stringent Social Distancing Measures in the National Capital Region are adopted for a period of 30 days," the IATF's Resolution No. 11 reads. It adds: "Land, domestic air, and domestic sea travel to and from Metro Manila shall be suspended after the expiration of 48 hours from issuance of this Resolution." Under Section 6 Article III of the Constitution, the government has the power to limit the right of people to travel if it is "in the interest of national security, public safety, or public health, as may be provided by law." The resolution also imposed a "community quarantine" over the entire Metro Manila region. Details of how this will be enforced was not elaborated by the resolution. President Duterte read from the resolution submitted by the task force, with the premise that he would turn the resolution into an executive order to make it enforceable. Duterte said the lockdown will begin on March 15 and last until April 14. "For Manila, may 'Ayaw naming gamitin 'yan,' pero kasi takot kayong sabihing lockdown, but it's a lockdown. There is no struggle of power here, walang away dito, walang giyera. It's just a matter of protecting and defending you from COVID-19," Duterte said on Thursday night, while reading the community quarantine part of the resolution. (For Manila, some say 'We don't want to use that term,' but that's because you're afraid to call it a lockdown, but it's a lockdown. There is no struggle of power here, there is no fight here, no war. It's just a matter of protecting and defending you from COVID-19.) Smaller community quarantines allowed: The IATF Resolution also allowed community quarantine for other areas, with the following guidelines: Barangay-wide quarantine – When there are at least two positive coronavirus cases living in different households Municipality or city-wide quarantine – When there are at least 2 positive coronavirus cases living in different barangays Province-wide quarantine – When there are at least 2 positive coronavirus cases living in different municipalities, component cities, or independent component cities in the province. Other measures: Classes in all levels and government work are suspended for one month, up until April 12. The measures echo those taken in China's central Hubei province, whose nearly 60 million residents have been under lockdown since late January when the government rushed to put a lid on the virus that first emerged in the regional capital, Wuhan. Italy also declared a lockdown for its entire 60-million population on March 10. As of March 12, the Philippines has recorded a total of 52 cases. The virus has infected more than 125,000 people and killed 4,600 across 115 countries. More than 62,000 people have recovered from the virus. The virus is transmitted through droplets from the nose and mouth. How fast it spreads remains a puzzle for scientists across the globe. – with reports from Agence France-Presse/Rappler . com Link : https://www.rappler.com/nation/254101-metro-manila-placed-on-lockdown-coronavirus-outbreak **In GOD we Trust**


Metro Manila Is Now on "Community Quarantine"—Here's What That Means



The government has raised COVID-19’s alert level to code red sublevel 2. And for those of you who need some clarification on what this means, let’s clear things up a bit. Here’s how this will affect Metro Manila based on what we know from official sources:

1. Rail lines will remain operational.

According to the resolution submitted by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease—which President Rodrigo Duterte says he will consider converting into an Executive Order—all of Metro Manila’s rail operations will continue to operate. This covers the MRT-3, the LRT-1 and LRT-2, and the Philippine National Railways (PNR). The Department of Transportation (DOTr) will issue guidelines regarding social distancing on board trains.

2. Domestic travel will be suspended.

This goes for land-, air-, or sea-based domestic travel to and from Metro Manila. This measure will take effect two days after the resolution is issued.


3. Classes will be suspended.

The suspension of classes for all levels in Metro Manila will be extended until April 12, 2020. The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) is responsible for ensuring students remain at home for the duration of the suspension.

Classes will be suspended in the following local government units (LGU) as well:

Imus City, CaviteSan Jose Del Monte City, BulacanSanta Maria, BatangasDumaguete City, Negros OrientalCagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental

LGUs are also “advised to exercise sound discretion” in suspending classes “without prejudice to a determination by the national government to suspend classes if the situation so warrants.”


4. Work is allowed.

The private sector will be permitted to work. The DILG, however, will issue guidelines to ensure the safety of the workforce, and flexible working arrangements are being encouraged. Manufacturing, retail, and service establishments are advised to continue operating “provided strict social distancing measures” are observed.


5. Travel restrictions will be imposed.

Entry travel restrictions for individuals coming from countries with reported localized transmission of COVID-19 will be implemented. Filipino citizens, however, are exceptions. This includes their foreign spouse or children, holders of Permanent Resident Visas, and holders of diplomatic Visas.

6. Mass gatherings will be prohibited.

Under the resolution, any mass gatherings whether planned or spontaneous where crowds may “strain the planning and response resources of the community hosting the event” will be prohibited.


Source: https://www.preview.ph/culture/metro-manila-community-quarantine-what-that-means-src-topgear-a00013-20200312?utm_source=Facebook-Preview&utm_medium=Ownshare&utm_campaign=20200312-fbnp-culture-metro-manila-community-quarantine-what-that-means-src-topgear-a00013-20200312-fbfirst&fbclid=IwAR0J2thz1pYDClasZDSxNFPqROZKDF1r6dKqvMWH9RclgFiCnLL2rpNJdFQ


©2019 by bloggersjournalph. Proudly created with Wix.com